Sunday, September 17, 1995

A Clockwork Gallery Walk


INT, GALLERY – NIGHT
ALEX and his DROOGS stride inside. Threatening Wendy/Walter Carlos synthesizer music.
ALEX: (VO) There was me, that is Alex, and me three droogs, Pete, Georgie and Dim. We were making our way down Palm Avenue for a bit of a gallery walk.
GALLERY OWNER: Hello, can I help you?
ALEX: Helpest me thou canst, O my brother.
DIM: He wants to help you! (giggles)
ALEX: Open me glazzies, brother. Transform my, like, mind. Show me art.
GALLERY OWNER: Well, we have plenty of art.
ALEX: I’ll be the judge of that, brother. Lead on. (stops) What’s this then?
GALLERY OWNER: Abstract art.
ALEX: Abstract it is, brother. Art it is not.
GALLERY OWNER: Who are you to …
ALEX: Evidence of the old glazzies. The form’s all wrong. The color comes out of a spraycan.
DIM: The cheese tastes like shit!
ALEX: Hush, Dim. (studies painting – then sees something next to it) Hang on … slovos I see, all in a row.
GALLERY OWNER: That’s the artist’s statement.
ALEX: Artist’s statement? (reads) Deconstruction this and society that. Oh! He mentions color. It’s a good painting, ‘cause he says it is? He’s telling me what to think, eh? I’m insulted.
GALLERY OWNER: You’re an art critic?
ALEX: No. An artist rather. Of destruction. (whips out knife, slashes painting)
GALLERY OWNER: Stop!
ALEX: A malenky bit better.
GALLERY OWNER: How dare you!
ALEX: Teach this bastard some manners, droogies.
DROOGS kick the crap out of the GALLERY OWNER.
ALEX: Well, that’s it then. This is Alex DeLarge saying support the arts, O my brothers. But only if the art is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment