Monday, December 27, 2010

"Lost in Space" — what really would have happened


EXT, PAPIER MACHE PLANET - HYDROPONIC GARDEN - DAY

Behind an outcropping of rocks, Major Don studies a tangle of tubing near the hydroponic garden. It's been unplugged and the plants are dying.

MAJOR WEST: Smith! What are you trying to pull -- Smith!

Smith enters the scene.

DR. SMITH: Really! Stop shouting you brash barbarian!

MAJOR WEST: What have you done with our hydroponic water supply?

DR. SMITH: What have I done? Really! It should be apparent to anyone with culture and the IQ of a baboon that I have converted it for use as my own personal bidet. Proper sanitation must be maintained, even in outer space!

MAJOR WEST: This is the limit, Smith! You've finally topped yourself. What the heck is a bidet anyway?

EXT, FAMILY PICNIC TABLE OUTSIDE JUPITER II - DAY

The family is gathered. They hear a laser shot behind the outcropping of rocks.

EXT - HYDROPONIC GARDEN

The family runs into the scene.

DR. ROBINSON: What’s the matter, Don? Are aliens attacking?

MAJOR DON: No.

DR. ROBINSON: What happened?

MAJOR DON: Uh, I accidentally shot off Dr. Smith’s head with this laser?

They look down at Dr. Smith's severed head.

DR. SMITH: Oh, the pain. The pain. (dies)

ROBOT: Ha-ha-ha-ha. Dr. Smith finally got ahead in life.

DR. ROBINSON: Oh, well. Accidents happen.

MAJOR DON: Yes they do, sir. I'm sorry.

ROBOT: Ha-ha-ha-ha. Dr. Smith always wanted to get ahead.

DR. ROBINSON: Put the safety on next time.

MAJOR: DON: I'll do that, sir.

ROBOT: Ha-ha-ha-ha. Dr. Smith once asked me to ...

DR. ROBINSON removes his power pack.

DR. ROBINSON: I’m sorry son.

WILL: You kidding? Now I can sleep without locking my door.

MRS. ROBINSON: Who wants space popcorn? 

Everyone laughs with glee and runs back to the ship. 

The Robot rolls back into frame, rolls over Dr. Smith's head several times, then rolls away again.


No comments:

Post a Comment